Learn why patients nationwide choose Laser Spine Institute in Scottsdale for relief
The Laser Spine Institute story includes more than 75,000 patients who have found relief from neck and back pain. Since opening the doors to our first surgery center in 2005, we have grown to become the leader in minimally invasive spine surgery. Patients from all across the globe have traveled to our regional surgery centers across the United States, including our state-of-the-art facility in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Conditions we treat
Our minimally invasive procedures use muscle-sparing techniques that allow them to be performed on an outpatient basis and are effective at treating the following spinal conditions:
- Bulging discs
- Herniated discs
- Bone spurs
- Spinal stenosis
- Pinched nerves
Our procedures offer patients the following advantages:
- A streamlined outpatient experience
- No lengthy recovery^
- A less than 1-inch incision
- A patient satisfaction score of 96^
- Reduced risk of complication compared to traditional open spine surgery
- Board-certified surgeons+
Notable members of our team
Michael C. Weiss, D.O., FAOAO, Chairman, Department of Surgery, began his career as an orthopedic surgeon in 1986, after receiving his medical degree from Nova Southeastern University in Florida. He then went on to complete his internship and residency at Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital in Michigan, where he was appointed Chief Resident in 1991.
After years of multi-specialty training, Chairman Weiss developed a private practice in South Florida, where, for nearly two decades, he was able to utilize his expertise in the field of orthopedics and his commitment to patient care.
He then chose to join the team of surgical experts at Laser Spine Institute so he could use his extensive knowledge of minimally invasive spine procedures to help patients from around the world. Chairman Weiss served as Chief Spine Surgeon at Laser Spine Institute in Scottsdale, Ariz. from 2008-2010 before being named Chairman, Department of Surgery in 2011. As Chairman, he oversees the individualized training program and the surgical aspects of the expansion of Laser Spine Institute’s state-of-the-art surgery centers.
- Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery by The American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- President of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, Spinal Surgery Section
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Orthopedic Surgery, Nova Southeastern University and Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Bradenton Campus
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Board of Trustees, Florida Osteopathic Medical Association
To learn more about our medical staff, our facilities and our procedures, contact Laser Spine Institute today.
We are pleased to offer a no-cost MRI review* to determine if you are a potential candidate for one of our procedures.